I welcome and encourage those who visit to comment on my work. Don't be shy - please, tell me what you think! I would love to hear what you have to say about my work. I know you are out there and looking, so stop being a "blurker" (blog lurker), jump right in and comment!

I'm now on Facebook!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Nativity No. 3

Okay, so three down, three to go - at least - I want six designs total, but I might make more than one of some of the designs.

Here's the newest. I know, Mary's nose looks like a beak and Joseph's is barely recognizable. I'm working on it. I had a hard time manipulating the paper just how I wanted it. If I make this design again, I might not make noses on Mary and Joseph. Don't you just love the little lambs, though? They are my favorite of the piece. They have cute little lazy looks. I love them!


Since I'm halfway to my goal, I'm going to take a breather from nativities for a little while and do some "easy" quilling (I know it's in the eye of the beholder) in preparation for teaching down in Franklin. I received the opportunity to teach both at the parks department and at Franklin College. I am very excited. I won't start teaching until January at the earliest. I'm excited. It's a way to get my name out there and to earn a little bit of money - I'm not going to get rich off of teaching, but it will be great to share this wonderful art form.

1 comment:


Previous       Home/Join         Next
Prev 5        List    Random    Next 5

alt-webring.com