I thought it would look really nice if I used the same colors I did for my other phoenix - reds, oranges and yellow. I used red for the main coils (insides), then wrapped it with orange and then again with yellow. I like how it turned out. I just wish I were a better photographer so you could see more vividly the colors. The picture doesn't do the finished project justice. Oh well!
I promise this will be the last phoenix for a while. I have a few more phoenix designs I want to create one day, but I will file those away for now and create something different next. I'm ready for a new subject now that I have this beautiful piece finished.