I welcome and encourage those who visit to comment on my work. Don't be shy - please, tell me what you think! I would love to hear what you have to say about my work. I know you are out there and looking, so stop being a "blurker" (blog lurker), jump right in and comment!

I'm now on Facebook!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

More Christmas Quilling

These are my newest nativities made for family Christmas gifts. I was going to make several smaller ones for friends, but time is running out. So, friends, you'll just be getting quilled Christmas cards this year. I'm not super woman as much as I'd like to be and my aspirations continue to be larger than my abilities.



This (below) is the white poinsettia card from Super Saturday. I originally had planned to have everyone make only green or burgundy, but I thought white would be really pretty, too. Good thing my mental image was right on course. I actually think that the white cards are the prettiest of them all now that I've made some. I guess it's just a personal preference, though, because when sharing these photos with my quilling yahoo group, the vote was still undecided about which color was their favorite.
Here's all the cards we did:



It was fun teaching, but I think if I'm asked to do it again next year, I'm going to teach an even simpler card. Maybe I won't teach at all - maybe Megan can do her stamping cards. Then I can actually get the other things I signed up for finished at the super saturday. But, honestly, if asked, I'm not turning anyone down. I love sharing this art form with anyone willing to learn.

9 comments:

  1. Job well done, these are stunning!

    Keep on Quillin'
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That really means a lot coming from a veteran quiller like you, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are gorgeous - I love the way you've used the various green shades and blue shades to do the robes. Very very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to start making white ones now and maybe I'll have them done for next Christmas.... I still think they would make awesome winter wedding invitations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good,
    its very very great.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is breathtaking! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially like the second nativity--very elegant! Thanks for sharing your work :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilling is exquisite! We are looking for a nativity quilling pattern. Will you share where you got your pattern or if they are yours, will you consider sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of my nativities are adaptations of either stained glass nativities or coloring pages depicting nativities.

    ReplyDelete


Previous       Home/Join         Next
Prev 5        List    Random    Next 5

alt-webring.com